The National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB) had its genesis over 175 years when in 1837 the Colonial Bank of London, England, opened its doors on Harbour Street in Kingston. Through a series of mergers and acquisitions, the Bank eventually became known, in 1977, as National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited.
Today trading on both the Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago stock exchanges, NCB has grown to become Jamaica’s largest financial services provider with 40.7% market share by assets of the commercial banking sector (as at September 2012). NCB provides a wealth of financial services through its network of 42 locations and over 170 ABMs islandwide. These services include chequing and savings accounts, credit card facilities, personal and commercial loans, insurance, and wealth management; supported by Internet banking, along with telephone banking and a toll-free 24/7 Customer Care Centre at 1-888-NCB-FIRST (1-888-622-3477).
To be the premier Caribbean financial institution delivering superior products and services to satisfy the needs of our customers while developing our employees and building the communities we serve.
- We hold a deep and abiding respect for each customer, every colleague in our companies, and all our shareholders.
- We commit to find new, practical and innovative ways to make the term “excellent service” more relevant to each customer – every day.
- We commit to the relentless renewal of our enterprise through the constant training of our people at all levels.
- In our merit-based culture, individual reward and recognition will be a result of measured performance. We treat all competitors as noble, but we will compete fairly and vigorously to win.
Our Brand Identity
With an asset base of $379B as at September 2012, NCB is a leading Jamaican conglomerate committed to creating financial prosperity, while instilling social consciousness through its nation building activities. Through relationships with our employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers, regulators and the wider public, we are focused on sustaining our strength and helping to build a better Jamaica.
Our Brand Pillars
Innovation – At NCB, we are constantly finding financial solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers. We also drive innovation in our operations by using technology as a key enabler of greater efficiency.
Expertise – NCBs professionals possess and demonstrate expert knowledge in their respective areas of our business. Equally important, we have superior relationship management skills that build trust and loyalty with those we serve.
Strength – Sound and prudent management are hallmarks of sustainability for NCB. We carry out our business within a framework that observes proper ethical, regulatory and financially responsible practices, while embracing our role as a leading corporate citizen in Jamaica.
As members of the NCB Group of Companies, our subsidiaries - NCB Capital Markets Limited, NCB Insurance Company Limited, NCB (Cayman) Limited, NCB Remittance Services (Cayman) Limited, NCB Capital Markets (Cayman) Limited, NCB Remittance Services (Jamaica) Limited, NCB Remittance Services, (UK) Limited, N.C.B. Jamaica (Nominees) Limited, Mutual Security Insurance Brokers Limited, West Indies Trust Company Limited, Data-Cap Processing Limited, N.C.B. (Investments) Limited are entities that expand the organization’s services through their unique financial offerings.
The N.C.B. Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the organisation.
Awards and Achievements as at September 2011:
- HRMAJ Golden Leader in HR: Innovation Award
- Jamaica Stock Exchange: Best Annual Report
- Jamaica Stock Exchange: Corporate Disclosure.
- Jamaica Stock Exchange: Investor Relations.
- Jamaica Stock Exchange: Website Stockbrokerage
- Jamaica Stock Exchange: Governor General’s Award for Excellence
- Private Sector of Jamaica/Jamaica Stock Exchange Award for Corporate Governance
- The Banker Awards: Bank of the Year, Jamaica
- World Finance: Most Innovative Bank, Jamaica
- World Finance: Best Banking Group, Jamaica
- World Finance: Best Pension Fund Manager in the Region- NCB Insurance
- Latin Finance: Best Bank of the Year